21. I am afraid I won't have any influence over my 19-year-old daughter _______ her mind is made up.
B. the moment
C. as soon as
22. We are increasingly ________ about the way the US army is behaving in Iraq.
23. You know that already! I can tell ________ you're smiling.
A. on the way
B. by the way
C. in the way
D. from which way
24. ----So, you still plan to leave for Delaford in the morning, Brandon?
----Yes - ________ , Darcy. It saves me the cost of an inn(客栈).
A. it’s very kind of you to say so
B. thank you for putting me up for the night
C. I think that’s a good idea
D. I can hardly wait to leave here
25. It is believed to be a TRUE story, ________ author Lu Yao ________ his famous novel The Life.
A. on which; bases
B. which; bases on
C. that; bases on
D. on that; bases
26. On April 19, 2008, thousands of Chinese gathered in front of CNN in Los Angeles. They all carried signs ________ "CNN, Liar! Cafferty, Fire!"
A. who said
B. which saying
C. they said
D. that said
27. ________ I wanted him to say? That he was sorry? Or that he now realized how much it hurt?
A. Which was it
B. Why it was that
C. How was it that
D. What was it that
28. Returning home, Petula was ________ to make some changes to her life, which she increasingly saw as a prison.
29. ________ from the sound of her voice, she was close to tears
B. To be judged
D. Being judged
30. His face was as familiar ________ her as if she had known him all her life.
31. ----Five young women got attacked in south London this summer.
----They ________ it is not safe to walk alone in the dark streets
A. shall know
B. shouldn't know
C. has known
D. should have known
32. The United Nations Security Council(安理会) will meet later today ________ of the Arab group of countries
A. by the request
B. at the request
C. with the request
D. under the request
33. One of the advantages of living on the top floor of a high–rise is that you can get a good ________.
34. She ________ Beijing tomorrow and is expected to see President Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris on Saturday.
B. will have left
C. is leaving
35. In the end, the Government was ________ glad to find a way of getting rid of him.
A. only too
C. very much